Clearly you still have some way to go. But I'm sure you'll find your way there somehow, someday.
What then? Will you thrive in a strange land, surrounded by loud individuals who do not speak your native tongue? Or will you shut yourself up and go through four intensely cold years of isolation? I have faith in your strong personalities, that everything will turn out fine in the end. But I am also convinced that the current system is not at all preparing you well for what it says it is preparing you for. The shock of independence in a strange land---independence in such a large dose, in so many ways at once---something fundamentally challenging and inevitable, but also something which I didn't hear discussed once during my three months with you. Maybe it's the best that can be done with the limited resources at your disposal. Maybe the management needs to buck up and do a better job. Either way, I wish you all the best on the arduous journey ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment