Troyanos' Carmen still sounds more compelling than Callas'. Or maybe it's just force of habit here.
Internationalism is a bad name for the idea. It presupposes there are nations to straddle inter. What if one rejects the idea of dividing the globe into territorially-based nation-states to start with? What if ... but maybe it's a valid name for the notion in our present day. Where the existence of such nation-states is a reality whether we like it or not.
And now presenting ... dinnertime.
(Following paragraph annexed from this afternoon's output)
Why didn't I take Chemistry instead? I still have no idea. Mais je ne regrette rien. Studying History was an enormously enriching experience. Less half the lessons which were classroom examples of stultifyingly bad teaching, at any rate. It wasn't just the content, although that was not uninteresting. It was the sense of perspective, both in a specific historical sense but also a broader, more general sense.
1 comment:
The Toyota has a really...exaggerated front. I mean, the front looks like it's melting to the floor.
Post a Comment